BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE & BEFORE YOU START ENTERING ITEMS INTO YOUR INVENTORY
Please confirm your participation in the Online Ottawa Sale by E-transferring your $15 registration fee to; Richard@outgrowoutplay.com. Please include your Consignor Number.
The better prepared you are, the easier it will be for you to enter your items into your inventory. Let our 12+ years experience work for you – Trust our easy steps for smooth sailing…
STEP#1: Start Gathering Your CLOTHING & EVERYTHING ELSE!
As you wash your kids clothes… have a SELL basket. Place all items they’ve outgrown into this basket! Check under beds, dig through toy boxes and definitely clean out your basement and garage for BIG (kitchens, train sets, climbers) or high ticket outdoor items that are collecting dust.
- Momma Beware: Once you start your “gathering” process … what was once old, boring and collecting dust… will become new again (for 5 minutes) to your child. It’s Law of Average – You start to clean and they are right behind you undoing it. Let them play and keep the item if they are into it for longer than a day. If not, scoop it up, enter it and put it out of sight
Create 4 Glorious Feel Awesome Piles To Purge From Your Home = Clean, Clutter Free & CA$H
- Sell/Wash/Clean Pile: Items are in like-new condition cause your kids are growing sooo fast! Wash/dry and inspect all clothing again for stains. Check all other items to ensure they are safe, complete with all pieces, work properly and that your battery operated items have batteries
- Give to Friends Pile or Donate: Clothing items that are in good condition with lots of life left but you’ve noticed some small stains or noticeable wear. Everything Else – items missing pieces but still have some play left in them
- Donate Responsibly: Donate and drop at VV! Don’t drop at those community boxes cause most of this stuff ends up in our landfills. VV will sell it (billion $ company built on donate pretence). Best chance for your well loved and end of life (stains, holes/rips) stuff to be recycled
- Toss: Items on recall, safety issues or out of date (think cribs/car seats) or older than you are… unless its collectible and vintage… then you may be able to sell it. Never ever try to sell or giveaway anything that may be a hazard to a child… ever! When in doubt, toss it out!
STEP#2: Have What You NEED on-hand!
- Bags, Marker, Scissors and Packing Tape. Not all items will need to be bagged – for example… BIG items or a big/fluffy winter coat or snowsuit
- Glass of Wine, Cup of Tea or Whatever Makes You Smile – Just kidding or are we LoL?!?
- A System That Works for YOU so your entered items are organized and ready for your to grab cause they ALL sold after the sale J
QUALITY & OGOP STANDARDS
As always… please… ONLY consign your BEST!
OutGROW OutPLAY’s Online Sale is not a garage sale or a free for all like selling in Facebook groups or in Marketplace! OGOP's high quality + cleanliness standards are in effect! ONLY consign your BEST! Clean, spotless and freshly laundered. No smells, No pet hair period, no stains or rips. All buttons need to snap and zippers zip. All pieces included and must work properly - battery operated items must work and have batteries. It's soooo important YOU double check every single item you plan to consign and ONLY sell like-new items with little to no visible wear!
If your items are not in like-new condition, clean/spotless, safe, works properly and has all pieces… then consigning with OGOP is not for you. Please think carefully before you consign your items to avoid wasting your time with items not being sold.
- Double check ALL clothing items to ensure your items are in like-new condition with no stains, rips, pet hair or any smells. Clothing items must be freshly laundered, folded and bagged with your hand written tag info clearly displayed on the outside of the bag
- All non-clothing items must be in perfect working condition, complete with all pieces and battery operated items have working batteries. Items with multiple pieces must be securely attached to main item. All items have been thoroughly sanitized, cleaned and are free of any dirt, grime or dust. All items to big to bag must have your handwritten tag info (consignor and item #), big and bold clearly attached to each item or bundle
- Carefully inspect all your items– any item with a small defect that can still be sold must be noted in your description. It’s your responsibility to make sure no items are defective, broken or damaged in any way. Last thing you want is to sell an item that could or would cause any injury to another.
What determines Poor Quality?
- CLOTHING that has NOT been freshly laundered… it smells! Clothing that has pet hair, stains (even small ones!), rips, broken zippers/snaps, missing buttons. Clothing that is well worn with piling… if you can see and feel the piling… its to well worn
- CLOTHING that has been misrepresented – a bundle sold marked a size but includes smaller/larger sizes in the bundle
- EVERYTHING ELSE that has not been sanitized nor cleaned spotless – every piece of the item including under seats, in the cracks - cannot be dirty or dusty whatsoever! Everything else that is missing ANY pieces, is broken or damaged, is unsafe or requires batteries but does not have them. Books have that writing in them, games/puzzles are missing pieces. Outdoor wagons have crooked wheels or a slide has water in it.
These examples are common sense. When in doubt, place items to the side and give to charity, family/friends or if unsafe… throw it out!
What happens if I consign poor quality items and they are sold to a shopper?
Quality like-new items are even more important for your Online Sale! Shoppers cannot check for stains, cleanliness etc while shopping online. Your items are your responsibility.
ANY items disputed by a shopper because of quality or misrepresentation will be subject to our Refund and or Quality fee policy outlined in your Consignor Agreement.
If OGOP at their sole discretion determines a SOLD item was of poor quality or misrepresented, OGOP may adjust the price or completely refund the item or bundle in question the shopper purchased. To discourage the selling of poor quality items, the following OGOP Refund and Quality Fees will be implemented and deducted from a Consignor check;
Refund Fee: 100% refunded to the shopper PLUS $15 per tag deducted from a Consignors cheque. If an item or bundle is refunded by OGOP in its entirety, you will lose those items and the entire sale! Unfortunately, these items will not be returned to you
Quality Fee: A reasonable % or $ amount to be determined by OGOP PLUS $5 per tag deducted a Consignors cheque
Any Refund/Quality fees added will be deducted from your cheque. Please… ONLY consign your best! When in doubt… ask for advice in your Facebook Sellers ONLY group. Good News… out of almost 400 shopper orders in May… Only 4 issues came up or adjustments were requested with only 1 refund J Shoppers WANT to keep the items they buy!
Clothing – Relaxed Seasonal Guide! Short Sleeve Tops and Onsies in the Winter and Long Sleeves in the Summer; It’s an Online Sale... so we’ve room for more items obviously. We’ve relaxed our fall policies - seasonal guide to squash the never-ending battle of short sleeve tops and onsies in the fall and long sleeves in the summer.
Everything else... You MUST follow our seasonal guideline please!
Online Consignor Guide
Everything BUT Clothing Price Guide
Clothing Seasonal & Price Guide
All are a great resource to help you get ready to sell all your items
Hard No’s for a Fall & Winter Online Sale
- Summer clothing like sandals, shorts, tanks, strap dresses
- Save 100% summer items like lightweight jersey dresses/PJ’s and summer themed items for the Spring 2021 Sale where you'll earn more and sell for TOP $$$. Nobody wants to buy that stuff mid to late October
Hard No’s for a Spring & Summer Online Sale
- Winter themed clothing – any! Halloween costumes
- Snowsuits, snow boots, mittens, scarfs, winter jackets
- Sleds - yeah... no one will buy them
Save 100% seasonal items for the proper season where you'll sell for TOP $$$
ALL items MUST be clean, spotless, have all pieces, work properly, be safe + not on recall. Battery operated items MUST work and have batteries
Our Best Advice to Price… GOOGLE it!!! We’ve done our best to list as many items as possible in our EVERYTHING ELSE GUIDE… but cannot list every single item! If you are still unsure how to price a particular item, post a picture here... in our Online Drop-Off Group asking for advice.
NEVER price more than 50% of retail unless the item is HOT/HOT/HOT: for example: brand-new outdoor toys or ones with no visible wear, like-new baby gear, BUNKBEDS, awesome home décor etc!
All Items Must Be Clean/Sanitized/Spotless, on top, underneath, in seams and crevices – No goobers, crumbs, dirt or marker/crayon designs!
Must be in excellent Like New & Working Condition and with ALL PIECES! For example, NO little people set without the little people or a race track set without the cars
All Battery Operated items must work and Have Batteries. Please make sure they work properly.
Price - Low: Items that you are happy to get out of the house and don’t want them back - Items that are not in perfect condition with some obvious signs of gentle wear
Price – Sweet Spot: We’ve been doing this a long time and are very aware of what items will sell for. There is NOTHING worse than after the Online Sale... most of your items are left UNSOLD. If this happens to you, your items are over priced or it’s a quality issue!
Price High – Hot Items, OUTDOOR TOYS!!!!! Premium brands, more features, deluxe models or there something special & extra about the item.
ALWAYS Choose MARKDOWN: ALWAYS! Our 50% Sale draws big crowds. When priced right (see guide) items will $ELL fast. If you over price, choosing Markdown will adjust your price and your item will probably sell. Not choosing markdown is the biggest rookie mistake we see. You’ve done the work so give your items every chance to sell
We are trusting in you to thoroughly check your items and customers will be trusting us all by buying without inspecting themselves. Please ONLY consign your BEST!
What We Won’t Accept At The Online Ottawa Sale
In addition to the ‘normal’ items we will not accept (refer to in person Consignor 101 Manual), OGOP will not accept the following items for our Online Ottawa Sale;
- Out of season clothing!
- Plush or stuffies that don’t do anything
- CD, DVD’s, BLU Ray
- Breast pumps & any undergarments that are NOT brand New
- Bike helmets
- Just For Mom Stuff: Knicknacks, used small/big appliances, undergarments, outdated or out of style clothing. All women's clothing is subject to the same quality standards as kids clothing.
When in doubt… ask for advice in your Facebook Sellers ONLY group